Re: [Swprograms] Budapest ending Italian; English?

Re: [Swprograms] Budapest ending Italian; English?

Glenn.

I heard R. Budapest in English last night around
0340 UTC in English on the 49M band (sorry, didn't
write down the frequency).  There was so much noise
and interference that I didn't listen long.  It was
hard to understand the news broadcast because their
modulation level was low.  I did hear the ID, "This
news bulletin is coming to you from Radio Budapest,
Hungary."  I also heard the peculiar "Budapesht"
pronunciation from the announcer.

I would have tried to listen longer had I known
about the possibility of R. Budapest ending their
English services on shortwave.

I'll give it a try tonight, but we're supposed
to have thunderstorms here in Houston.

73,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX