[Swprograms] RCI explains, sorta

I received a mass e-mail message from RCI Audience Relations this
morning relating to the revised schedules that went into effect last
week. One paragraph of interest:
"Shortwave frequencies for the Americas were changed to cover our
intended targets, and the retransmission of CBC and Radio-Canada
programming was moved from shortwave to our website, as our domestic
services are widely distributed by other means in North America,
including Sirius Satellite Radio."
My thoughts: If you read between the lines of the message and look at
the frequencies in use in North America, cities in the Quebec
City-Windsor corridor have become part of the "intended targets" and the
northeast U.S. is now simply a spillover zone. RCI would have done
better to use a frequency in the 13 MHz or 15 MHz to properly cover the
continent.
Ricky Leong
Calgary, Alta.