Re: [Swprograms] Favorite *non-English* music on shortwave?

Re: [Swprograms] Favorite *non-English* music on shortwave?

Until recently, DW's German Service would have filled that bill, but
as I understand it they are no longer on hf to NA either at all or
only in the most limited fashion.
Nonetheless, several broadcasters beam a longform (i.e.: over an
hour) "home language" service in our direction and some of their
programming includes music, much or most of it of a local nature.
They include:

REE, Spain
RDP Internacional, Portugal
RAI, Italy
ERA5, Greece
TRT/VOT, Turkey
RHC, Cuba (+ Radio Rebelde on 5025)
HCJB, Ecuador (9745 all evening; Musica del Ecuador in Spanish still
on the schedule at last report)
NHK, Japan
CBS, Taiwan
A Russian language international service consisting of mostly
contemporary Russian pop/rock music on 7125 kHz. and available all
evening in NA.  (Haven't checked on this one in a few months, however.)
Radio Sawa
Radio Farda
AIR domestic service on 10330 kHz. -- very strongly heard here over
several hours in the mornings and early evenings--especially late
mornings.

All of the above have web sites that provide frequencies and many have
program details, some of which can be deciphered through use of an
appropriate online language translation program like babelfish.

Happy Exploring!

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY