Re: [Swprograms] Seattle, too...with BBCWS 24/7

Re: [Swprograms] Seattle, too...with BBCWS 24/7

> There are some of us who just don't the gift of spoken language
> learning.  Computer languages, yes, and maybe the reading of a
> foreign language learning, but the not the spoken variety.
>
> I managed to learn some Spanish back in high school, but that
> was 30 years ago and I didn't do well then.  In college and
> graduate school both I attempted German, but couldn't get even
> to the end of the first semester.  Even today I have trouble
> pronouncing words in any language using rules that someone may
> try to give me: my mind and mouth just do not go there.
>
> So I am stuck with English if I need to listen to or speak a
> language.
>
> Kevin Anderson

	Yes, I can understand that.  But while there
	are classes, and you were in a school setting,
	marks no longer count.  You don't need a grade
	just exposure.
	You also have more, or a little more money,
	and can arrange a vacation to a (Spanish, in
	this case) Spanish (or Portuguese) speaking
	country for immersion, or vacation classes.
	  When you have to live it and listen everyday
	because there is no English, you would pick up
	more.
  	  The second series of classes, after the brain
	relaxes from the first, would be a breeze.

	  There are other languages on the shortwave
	other than English as the addx.de/hoeherplan
	shows.  You are more knowledgable, more
	motivated and more mature.  Another language
	may be slow but you have more desire to get
	your ear in tune with the world.