Re: [Swprograms] OT Grundig

Very similar to an IBM/Lenovo story:

When Lenovo, the Chinese maker of personal computers,
bought International Business Machines' PC business
for $1.75 billion in December 2004, the deal included
the rights to use the IBM name for five years...Yet
Lenovo has moved far more swiftly to remove the IBM
name from its brand-building venture than analysts and
marketing experts had expected, leaving many wondering
if Lenovo has abandoned the IBM brand too quickly.
Since Lenovo took over the IBM personal computer
business on May 1, 2005, the company's advertising and
marketing efforts have excluded IBM almost entirely.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/04/10/business/lenovo.php