Re: [Swprograms] RCI Answers - Problem with 9755 kHz 3/28/06

Re: [Swprograms] RCI Answers - Problem with 9755 kHz 3/28/06

"William Martin" <wgmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx> graced hard-core-dx.com with
these words of wisdom:

> The US-directed evening transmission Monday (3/27/06) at 0000 - 0200
> UT 3/28/06 on 9755 kHz had some severe transmitter problem that
> caused the signal to splatter at least plus&minus 100 kHz on either
> side of 9755, and the splatter could be detected even further away.
> It made reception of even strong other signals, such as R.
> Netherlands from Bonaire on 9845 kHz,
> just about unlistenable.

Interestingly, when I was scanning the 31-meter band yesterday evening in
a vain attempt to find Radio Ukraine (To stop interference, I didn't have
my computer on, where I could have looked up that the correct frequency
was actually 7440 kHz ;-), I picked up RNW on 9845 at around 0030.  I
didn't notice the splatter you did.

For what it's worth, Radio Ukraine did come in fairly well at 0300 UTC on
7440 kHz.

Unfortunately, RCI's relays of Radio Korea International (or whatever
they're calling themselves now) still don't propagate well to the
Catskills.  Lousy skip zones....

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Oh Marge, anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there....