From: "RCI RCI" <rci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with 9755 kHz 3/28/06
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:40:48 -0500

Dear Mr. Martin:

Thank you very much for your e-mail of the 28th. It has been forwarded to our technical people, both here in Montréal and at Sackville, so that they may fix the problem as soon as possible.

We apologize for the mistake last evening.

Yours very truly,

Bill Westenhaver
Audience Relations/Relations avec l'auditoire
Radio Canada International

>>>From: "William Martin" 2006/03/28 12:34:59 >>>

To the RCI staff:

Please pass this on to the technicians at the Sackville transmitter site.

The US-directed evening transmission Monday (3/27/06) at 0000 - 0200 UT
3/28/06 on 9755 kHz had some severe transmitter problem that caused
the signal to splatter at least plus&minus 100 kHz on either side of 9755,
and the splatter could be detected even further away. It made reception
of even strong other signals, such as R. Netherlands from Bonaire on 9845 kHz,
just about unlistenable. The distorted splatter was definitely the audio
that was on RCI on 9755 kHz at the time -- I verfied this by having
several radios on at once, so that I could hear the 9455 audio and match it
with the distortion product in the splatter. The degree of interference
varied during the two-hour period, but it terminated exactly when 9755
went off-air just before 0200 UT.

I hope that this reaches you in time to get the problem corrected before
this evening's transmission.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

William Martin
Saint Louis, Missouri USA