Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] BBC SW

One option is an MP3 player and a software program to automatically
copy audio to your PC such as "Replay Radio" -- my personal favorite.

There are freeware audio recording programs that, in combination with
a freeware task scheduling program, allow you to fetch audio and save
it as MP3 files.

If you have a clock radio with a cassette player, you could also plug
a cassette recorder into your computer's headphone jack and save audio
that way.  With a voice-activated cassette recorder and that task
scheduling program you wouldn't need to be home to record programs of
interest.

You could do the same thing with a timer-activiated receiver (such as
a Sony 2010 or a bunch of others) and record good ol' shortwave audio.

Yes, it's extra work and extra planning vs. simply tuning a bedside
radio, but this way you can listen to nearly any program from any
broadcaster whenever you want.

I wrote a "how-to" article about this for Monitoring Times about 18
months ago...I can freshen that article if there's enough interest.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA