Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] BBC SW

The loss of the BBC on 5975 in the local Midwestern U.S. evening
(0200-0400) is a serious loss for me.  That is essentially the
only time (variously 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., but usually 9 p.m. to 10
p.m.) that I have time to listen to shortwave, as I am preparing
for or in bed (I am an early riser for work, so invariably go to
bed fairly early).  I've been going to sleep to the BBC for 15
or so years on this frequency (or 5995 before that).  This time
of evening has never allowed me to list to RN (my preferred
second choice for SW), as it is between their two blocks of
English broadcasts to the United States.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.  I can't afford to
purchase satellite radio, nor is computer-retrieved programs
really a viable option at bedtime.

Definitely a grievous loss as far as I'm concerned....

Kevin Anderson
Iowa