Re: [Swprograms] Radio Netherlands RFE/RL documentary

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Netherlands RFE/RL documentary

"Paul David" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> graced hard-core-dx.com
with these words of wisdom:

> Although there are *officially* no broadcasts to Europe any more, can
> anyone offer a tip for best European reception of this programme,
> particularly in South-East England?

The "On Target" brochure lists a 2300 UTC broadcast for Europe on 1179 kHz
medium wave, via Radio Sweden's transmitter at Sölvesborg.  I don't know
if that reaches southeast England.

Alterantively, you might want to try toe broadcasts from the Madagascar
relay for Africa, from 1800-2100 UTC on 6020 (1800-1900), 7120 (1900-
2100), or 9895 (1800-2100 UTC).  I can't do spherical geometry in my head,
so I'm not certain how close to England the great circle route takes those
signals.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Oh Marge, anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there....