[Swprograms] Follow-Up on Cheapy Digital Radio

[Swprograms] Follow-Up on Cheapy Digital Radio

A while back I posted a mini-review of a cheapy Chinese
digital-readout radio that was available under both the
Electro-Brand and JWIN brands.The key factor was that
it actually worked reasonably well. Happened to find another
reference to it that pointed to a really low-priced source,
which also has the benefit of *free shipping*! They're
only $7.99 each from this place, as compared with the
$13 I spent for my initial sample. I've already ordered
some more; if you want to introduce kids or friends to
SW radio, this is a good choice. Here's the link:

http://www.hhgregg.com/ProductDetail.asp?SID=437B58D6E5BF41E9A3A5FFE4FC505DE7&ProductID=12041

And, as an aside, if you buy these and hand them out like candy,
you'll also want a batch of AA batteries to give with them. I just
got an ad from Big Lots that listed their 48-count packages of
Maxell AA alkalines at $10.88, which I've bought before, but now
there's a $5 mail-in rebate on it! THAT's as cheap as you'll *ever*
get decent AA cells! So if Big Lots is in your region, try to get to
there. (No idea if you can get only one or more rebates per address.)

Happy Giving!

73, Will