Re: [Swprograms] CBC Radio One back...sort of...

Richard Cuff wrote:

> It looks like programming decisions are being made day-to-day, depending
> on how quickly program staffs get back to being productive...there is
> only a single day's program guide provided on the CBC website.

At the end of the national morning program today, Montreal-based host Bernard
St. Laurent (of C'est la Vie) said only some stations would broadcast a national
morning show program tomorrow. If you want a taste of these short-lived
replacement programs, you can try to catch them on 6160 kHz from CKZN St. John's
or CKZU Vancouver. (And there's the Internet, of course.)
The restoration of the national newsroom probably means RCI's Internet and
satellite services are returning to normal with CBC news on the hour.
As I was typing this, CBC Calgary ran a local weather forecast after the news at
1800 UTC, the first bit of local programming for nearly two months. The
announcer began by saying the local lunchtime and afternoon programs would
return tomorrow, while the local morning show would return Thursday.
I note, though, that nothing is being done to restore Radio Two right now.

Ricky Leong
Calgary, Alta.

--
The whistle shrill still lingers on