Re: [Swprograms] CBC Radio One back...sort of...

Re: [Swprograms] CBC Radio One back...sort of...

> Richard Cuff wrote:
>
> > It looks like programming decisions are being made day-to-day, depending
> > on how quickly program staffs get back to being productive...there is
> > only a single day's program guide provided on the CBC website.
>
> At the end of the national morning program today, Montreal-based host Bernard
> St. Laurent (of C'est la Vie) said only some stations would broadcast a national
> morning show program tomorrow. If you want a taste of these short-lived
> replacement programs, you can try to catch them on 6160 kHz from CKZN St. John's
> or CKZU Vancouver. (And there's the Internet, of course.)
> The restoration of the national newsroom probably means RCI's Internet and
> satellite services are returning to normal with CBC news on the hour.
> As I was typing this, CBC Calgary ran a local weather forecast after the news at
> 1800 UTC, the first bit of local programming for nearly two months. The
> announcer began by saying the local lunchtime and afternoon programs would
> return tomorrow, while the local morning show would return Thursday.
> I note, though, that nothing is being done to restore Radio Two right now.
> Ricky Leong > Calgary, Alta.
> --
	Same here in Vancouver region.
	The hosts and newsreaders came on air and
	then they went to the Lockout repeats such
	as Richardsons Roundup at noon.

	Full noon show tomorrow they promise.

	But I expect our morning show will be back
	Wednesday if they can.

	It takes time to get the old steam engines running
	again, and clearing the email, voicemail backlogs
	and finding who did come back and didn't leave
	for another job.

	And there is the hunt in the corridors for the
	bodies of managment who stayed inside during the
	lockout.
	(Dessicated manager corpses--an energy source when burnt)

	They haven't got the pronunciation corps ready and
	still mispronounce putative German Chancellor Merkel's
	name wrong.   (It's a hard G,  An guh la )
	In B.C., the Telus strike is not over and this will
	cause complications on restoring any lines or cell phone
	cut by that company.

	I'm wondering if any host on Radio 2 will be mean
	enough to play an hour filled with several versions of
	Peer Gynt, Satie's 3 Gymnopedies, 1812 Overture and
	other classsical chestnuts that managers thought that
	audience deserved.