Re: [Swprograms] RCI Upcoming Frequency Changes

Sandy Finlayson wrote:
> RCI had indicated earlier in the year that they were considering returning to an earlier broadcast.  I do hope that they plan on using more than one frequency at this time.

RCI's B05 was posted on the DXLD Yahoo group today. I gleaned from it the
English broadcasts susceptible to being heard in (parts of) the Americas. Some
of these overlap (not parallel). Time begin with local morning in North America.

1400-1700 UTC
9515, 13655, 17820 kHz
MON-THU / LUN-JEU: The Current / Sounds Like Canada / Outfront
FRI / VEN: The Current / Sounds Like Canada / C'est la Vie
SAT / SAM: The House / Vinyl Café / Quirks & Quarks
SUN / DIM: The Sunday Edition

1800-1900 UTC
7185, 9770, 11875, 17740 kHz (to Africa)
MON / LUN: Canada Today / Media Zone
TUE / MAR: Canada Today / The Mailbag
WED / MER: Canada Today / Spotlight
THU / JEU: Canada Today / Business Sense
FRI / VEN: Canada Today / Scitech File
SAT / SAM: Business Sense / Scitech File
SUN / DIM: The Maple Leaf Mailbag / Spotlight

2100-2200 UTC
5850, 9770 kHz (to Europe)
MON / LUN: Canada Today / Media Zone
TUE / MAR: Canada Today / The Mailbag
WED / MER: Canada Today / Spotlight
THU / JEU: Canada Today / Business Sense
FRI / VEN: Canada Today / Scitech File
SAT / SAM: Business Sense / Scitech File
SUN / DIM: The Maple Leaf Mailbag / Spotlight

2100-2300 UTC
15180 kHz
MON-THU / LUN-JEU: The Roundup
FRI / VEN: Talking Books / The Roundup
SAT / SAM: Definitely Not the Opera
SUN / DIM: Cross Country Checkup

2200-2230 UTC
11990 kHz
MON-FRI / LUN-VEN: The World at Six
SAT / SAM: Madly Off in All Directions
SUN / DIM: The Maple Leaf Mailbag

2300-0000 UTC
6100 kHz
MON-FRI / LUN-VEN: World at Six / As It Happens
SAT / SAM: The World This Weekend / Madly Off in All Directions
SUN / DIM: The World This Weekend / The Maple Leaf Mailbag

0000-0200 UTC
9755 kHz
MON / LUN: The World This Weekend / The Maple Leaf Mailbag / Writers & Company
TUE-SAT / MAR-SAM: The World at Six / As It Happens
THU / JEU: Dispatches at 01:30 UTC
SUN / DIM: The World This Weekend / Madly Off in All Directions / Global Village

The scheduler must have had a headache when his work was done. Listeners are
forced to retune to hear a continuous, multi-hour program. (This is not the case
for the morning transmissions, 1200-1700 UTC.)

- Fréquence Libre, Ouvert le samedi and Dimanche Magazine
1900-2000, 17835 kHz
2000-2100, 15180 kHz

- World at Six, As It Happens
2300-0000, 6100 kHz
0000-0100, 9755 kHz (first hour repeats)
0100-0200, 9755 kHz

- Sans frontières, L'heure des comptes
2300-0000, 15180 kHz
0000-0100, 6100 kHz

This is especially confusing during the supper hour. It is unfortunate that
programs were not allocated one channel for ease of listening and better
targeting. For instance, why didn't RCI reserve 6100 from 2300-0100 for English
and 9755 from 2300-0100 for French?

I know, I know, retuning is a rather simple operation, but why the heck make it
difficult for people to find you?

Ricky Leong
Calgary, Alta.