[Swprograms] RCI Upcoming Frequency Changes

[Swprograms] RCI Upcoming Frequency Changes

Sunday 10/9/05 these upcoming frequency changes were announced
on RCI's Maple Leaf Mailbag. Note that this isn't complete; it just refers
to the times and frequencies when the English-language Mailbag is
aired. These are to take effect 10/30/05:

2100 UT to Europe: 5850  9770

1800 UT to Africa: 7185 9770 11875 17740

1500 UT to India: 9635 11975

1300 UT to Asia:  9665 9725

2330 UT to Asia: 6160 7195 9730

0030 UT to US & Carib.: 9755  (only!!!)

A couple questions: The announcer gave no info as to from where
these are to be broadcast. Does anyone out there know which, if
any, of these frequencies (aside from the 9755 to the US) come from
Sackville? And will one of the 1500 UT to India ones come from
England like 15360 does now? Here in the Central US, I get a
decent signal at 1500 on 15360 and was hoping to have something
similar next season.

Also note that the existing three frequencies in the US evenings
go down to only one. I don;t know about you, but I get a lot of
hum on 9755 that isn't there on 13710 and therefor prefer the
latter, even though it is just slightly weaker. I would suppose that
is dependent on the particular transmitter, and I fear that they'll use
the hummy one that they've always used on 9755 on the single 9755
broadcast next month instead of using the better transmitter on that
frequency.

73, Will