[Swprograms] Old Time Radio Symposium, Sat 9/24

From: "Bill Teale" <bill@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <blind-family@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <blindaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <access-l@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:26 AM
Subject: Old Time Radio Symposium, Sat 9/24

> Dear all,

Robert Acosta asked me to pass this on, it looks like fun! For those of you
who can't tune in directly the Audio Network will be streaming the
conference in an "on demand" format very soon.

"I LIVE ON THE AIR': The Continuing story of Old Time Radio!  On Saturday,
September 24, 2005, the Accessible World Symposium will present the second
in its series entitled "I Live On the Air":  The Continuing Story of Old
Time Radio. The program will feature direct interviews with several actors
who will share personal recollections from their past performances, live
audio clips taken from original transcription discs, the intriguing story of
how the original radio logs have been obtained, and the meticulous care
being taken to preserve this period of Americana for future generations

This online interactive web conference is totally free of charge to anyone
with access to a computer with Internet connection, a sound card, and
speakers. Participants with microphones can interact directly with the
speakers. Those without microphones can participate via text chat.

The five-hour event begins at 10:00am (Pacific Time) or 5:00pm (Universal
Time)

Master of Ceremonies:  Robert Acosta, Chatsworth, California

>  Session 1:  10:00 a.m. (Pacific)  5:00 p.m. (Universal
>
>  My life on the Lone Ranger Radio Show
>
>  "Professor Dave Parker will share his experiences as a young radio actor
>
>  on this
>
>  popular show.
>
>  Session 2:  11:00 a.m. (Pacific)  6:00 p.m. (Universal)
>
>  The Archie Andrews Show
>
>  Larry Gassman, Old Time Radio historian, will moderate a panel discussion
>
>  featuring
>
>  three members of the original cast:  Bob Hastings who played Archie
>
>  Andrews; Hal
>
>  Stone who played Jug Head Jones, and  Rosemary Rice who played Betty
>
>  Cooper, the
>
>  girl next door.
>
>  Session 3:  12:00 Noon (Pacific)  7:00 p.m. (Universal)
>
>  The Acquisition of Old Time Radio Logs
>
>  Martin Grams, Jr., an Old Time Radio historian, will share the
fascinating

>  story
>
>  of how he has secured many of the original logs.
>
>  Session 4:  1:00 p.m. (Pacific)  8:00 p.m. (Universal)
>
>  Canadian OTR:  Chomping to get out of the Vault
>
>  Devon Wilkins, Canadian Old Time Radio Fan and Founder of COTRA, will
>
>  share some
>
>  interesting insights into shows her countrymen enjoyed during this era.
>
>  Session 5:  1:20 p.m.  (Pacific)  8:20 p.m.  (Universal)
>
>  The Preservation of Old Time Radio
>
>  Harlan Zinck, Preservation Manager, First Generation Radio Archives, will
>
>  share the
>
>  procedures followed to ensure authenticity and quality of each Old Time
>
>  Radio file.
>
>  Session 6:    2:00 p.m.  (Pacific)  9:00 p.m. (Universal)
>
>  The event will close with a general discussion led by Miss Joanie
Leonard,