[Swprograms] Sighting of Rod Hembree

Those of us who have heard Rod Hembree's SW programming under
the heading of "Good Friends Radio", including Radio Weather, may
find this of interest. I actually saw Rod Hembree on TV on 9/23/05. I
happened to tune by a program on a local independent broadcast
TV station with a religious theme (KNLC, channel 24, St. Louis, MO)
called "Quick Study" and there was Mr. Hembree, with his easily-recognized
voice, delivering a talk. He was one of several participants, each of whom
spoke in an outdoor setting. Later on, he also gave a short Canadian
history lesson on the RCMP. The program had to be recent enough
in production that it had a later segment referring to the Katrina
situation, and it also had a short reference to shortwave, announcing
the programs that were hearable on that medium. A promo showed
pictures of SW transmitters and listed ONLY these three SW frequencies:

13595
13570
7490

There was no reference to the call letters of the stations using those
frequencies and (surprising to me) no mention of WBCQ and its
frequencies (where I'd think they are spending most of their SW
broadcast budget). This also referred to the goodfriendsradio
and thestreamtv.com websites.

One interesting note: A slide giving address info listed the
same Canadian address we've always heard on SW, but also
listed a US (Murrysville, PA) address which I had never heard
on SW. Since snail mail from the US to Canada is so overpriced,
I wonder why that address hasn't been given on SW for their
religious material, QSL requests, etc.? I would think that giving
only the Canadian address would discourage US correspondence
(& subsequent donations).

By the way, Mr. Hembree is a rather burly guy with a mustache.
Sometimes the appearance of someone who you only knew from their
voice on the radio is surprising, but he did sort of fit with what my
impressions had been.

73, Will