Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS American coverage

Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS American coverage

What I believe you'll see is a few key relays - like Sackville,
Montisnery, Bonaire, perhaps even Delano - install sufficient DRM
capacity for smaller broadcasters to rent DRM airtime vs. upgrade
their own sites.

As for Sackville, you'd be surprised, Bill -- due to phase distortion
and fading, Sackville has generally underwhelmed as a DRM transmitter
site for us in the northeastern USA.  Ask Ralph Brandi what he thinks.
 You can get plenty of DRM signal from Sackville, but is often not
intelligble.  I recall seeing our DRM Fest guests three years ago
shake their heads in amazement when a beefy signal yielded an
inadequate S/N ratio to decode the DRM signal.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA