Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS American coverage

John Figliozzi wrote:

>I didn't say it made sense, but it is what they're doing in Europe
>(e.g.: DW announced end of analog to Europe within next year;
>replaced by DRM...  BBCWS committing to 18 hrs/day on DRM).  So, why
>wouldn't they take the same approach here?  BBC has two hrs/day to NA
>in DRM; none on analog.
>
>jaf
>
>On Sep 10, 2005, at 12:03 AM, Glenn Hauser wrote:
>

>>If BBC and DW don`t think it`s worth broadcasting to North America
>>in English
>>with the millions of analog SW radios in use, why would it be worth
>>doing so to
>>a few, if gradually increasing, DRM radios which would surely take
>>a very long
>>time to exceed the number of analog SW radios in use? Glenn Hauser
>>
>>--- John Figliozzi <jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>>Bill:
>>>
>>>DW is already ramping up its service to Europe using DRM.  So--yes--I
>>>think there's every chance they would do the same to NA once DRM is
>>>officially rolled out here.
>>>
>>>John

Personally Istill wonder if the smaller broadcasters such as Radio
Romania, Voice of Turkey et al will follow suit and go to DRM; I sort of
doubt it, and then we have the dilemna of DRM from large broadcasters
doing a number on the stations still on analog. (Still imagine if
Sackville goes digital and relays such as Radio Sweden on 6010 which
blast innow  goes  to DRM- what a beautiful thought that is!)
Something I keep forgetting to ask, can a station run less poweron DRM
than needed now on analog to reach a target area?
73s

Bill