Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS American coverage

Jim Strader wrote:

> I'd bet the farm that the BBC embraces and invests heavily in DRM
> and it's proprietary technology, better yet I bet the decision has
> already been made.

I had always thought that the attraction of DRM was that it was non-proprietary,
that anyone could manuafacture a radio or operate a radio station without paying
some sort of hefty licensing fee to some corporation.

See http://www.drm.org/system/technicalaspect.php
"DRM is the world's only, non-proprietary digital radio system for short-wave,
AM/medium-wave and long-wave. It has been endorsed by the ITU, IEC and ETSI."

Ricky Leong
Calgary, Alta.

--
The whistle shrill still lingers on