Re: [Swprograms] FOOC on Write On: Sports pools

Re: [Swprograms] FOOC on Write On: Sports pools

Sandy Finlayson graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> Daniel:
>
> I am neither an ex-pat nor a pool player.  I do however enjoy sports
> and have always enjoyed following UK sports on the BBC WS.  However
> they have now made this next thing to impossible at least on short
> wave.  Am I their target audience, maybe not, but I was a loyal
> listener for almost 30 years who's views no longer seem to matter
> much at the Beeb.

I too am neither an ex-pat nor a pools player.  I don't even understand
(or care) about how the pools work.  The EPL is apparently hugely popular
all around the world, not just amongst pools players.

I liked their coverage of Wimbledon, for example, because it's so much
better than what we in the States get.  Tennis coverage in the States is a
few personalities who happen to be tennis players, and screw everybody
else in the draw even if their matches are much more exciting.  (And a
*lot* of tennis fans I know fee the same way about tennis coverage here.)

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Lisa, if you don?t like your job you don?t strike.  You just go in there