	From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Daniel Say
	Sent: Mon 9/5/2005 1:35 PM
	To: Shortwave programming discussion
	Subject: Re: [Swprograms] FOOC on Write On: Sports pools

	> Ted is 100% right here.  The BBC's sports output is dropping
	off the radar screen.  The loss of the Saturday transmission of
	Sportsworld is the biggest blow yet.  Despite their claims that
	more people can access their programs the decision they took to
	drop the mid day transmission to the Americas has devistated the
	sports out put.  Many will say who cares? But the point is that
	the BBC no longer has the diversity of programs they once did
	and have cut off large parts of their audience from hearing
	anything but news.

	> Sandy

	        Listeners, the ex-pats, only wanted the
	        football pools results for examing their
	        bet-sheets in the far flung parts of the
	        globe.
	        They were so important that domestic CBC
	        and ABC used to patch in the BBC results
	        directly to air.

	        The rest of the sports is of mild interest.
	        See DW sports or NHK/RJ sports for examples.
	        And then there is the narrow view of VOA/AFRT
	        and U.S. only sports like their form of
	        football, etcs.