Re: [Swprograms] FOOC on Write On

For NAm (well, the USA now and perhaps Canada in our lifetime), most/
all of this has moved to satellite.  In very limited situations, some
WS feature programming turns up on local FM or MW public radio
channels; but the only way to really assure yourself of hearing what
increasingly limited feature programming the BBC produces/carries in
a "radio"-style form is via XM.  Sirius carries the news/current
events stream only, which does have some further limited feature
programming that fits the news/current events theme, on weekends.  WS
has already announced that by spring it will have engineered a
wholesale shift in its programming philosophy emphasizing news during
the week and sending any feature programming it has left onto the
weekends (presumably so they can shut down most of the news operation
on weekends to save further money for only god knows what).

BBC has announced a significant expansion of DRM shortwave for Europe
and, of course, there is the internet.

John Figliozzi