Re: [Swprograms] Radio Australia email address

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Australia email address

Richard Cuff graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> I can't speak for John, but I tend to correspond with specific
> individuals, not the general English address.  I am loathe to
> publicize individuals' e-mail addresses unless they give me specific
> dispensation to do so, or I ask them to contact you.
>
> Thanks for the tips re RRI & RB.  Why those two stations?

They're both on at a convenient hour after dinner when there's not much
else on, and RB always comes in well.  Call me nuts, but I actually *like*
a lot of the programming on the stations, even if it does sound like it's
just a reader in a studio.

The only bad thing is that Radio Vilnius, another of my favorites, starts
at 2330, halfway through the RRI/RB broadcasts.

And if you're going to ask, one of the things I really like about Radio
Vilnius is that the shoestring budget they're on means most of the
programming is translations of reports which seem aimed towards a domestic
audience, which offers a different perspective than those broadcasters who
have a lot of expats on staff consciously producing reports for a foreign
audience (Radio Sweden in particular strikes me as having something odd
about its sound).  That's also the reason why I always enjoyed listening
to the German-language offerings of Radio Österreich International, and
even told them I'd be willing to give up one of the repeats of Report from
Austria if they'd rearrange the broadcast block to have a longer German-
language block in the middle.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Lisa, if you don?t like your job you don?t strike.  You just go in there