Re: [Swprograms] O'Reilly on Advertising CBC Radio Tonite

Re: [Swprograms] O'Reilly on Advertising CBC Radio Tonite

> Glenn Hauser wrote:
>
> > I have been enjoying this immensely (for one who zaps almost all ads on TV).
> > Usually catch it Saturdays 1330 UT on RCI 9515, 13655, 17800. It`s also on RCI
> > UT Tuesdays 0130 on 9755, 11990, 13710 (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
>
> But I note, after paying careful attention to the credits this week, that this
> program appears to be outsourced to a private radio production firm in Toronto.
> I can understand outsourcing for TV, where more substantial expenses are
> involved, but is radio not cheap enough for CBC to produce on its own?
> I wonder if this is a first for CBC English Radio.
> Ricky Leong
> Calgary, Alta.
------------
	It's his own company.  Yes it seems outsourced
	but then you think that the CBC would want to
	take all the rights action and so on.
	-----------------------
	   Linkname: Pirate Radio and Television: Terry O'Reilly
		Wander around the above to see his
		agency and awards etc.

	They, the CBC, may have approached him for the
	program and asked what Terry O'Reilley would do.

	The CBC radio networks have not accepted advertising
	since 1974.  So I thought that a show on radio
	advertising might be odd to long-term CBC listeners
	who may not have heard of some of them.
	 http://www.broadcasting-history.ca/networks/networks_CBC_Radio.html
	[ see 1974 ]

	O'Reilly on Cannes MIFED? and radio advertising
	http://www.strategymag.com/articles/magazine/20050701/cannesoreilly.html
	Linkname: TURN TO PAGE ONE of a Mowhawk College speech on
	radio advertising as a preface to a new-talent contest.

	And his prognostication of ruder, bolder, scatalogical,
	sexual advertizing on the new XM and Sirius radio as it
	is not regulated by the U.S. FCC.
	  Linkname: The 'New Wild West' of Radio

	Awards, and scripts from last year in one of
	Canada's advertising business magazines.
	   Linkname: Marketing Magazine | Radio Campaign

	and his 13 year career with the Boston Bruins
	  Linkname: The life of O'Reilly

	.... just kidding.

					Daniel Say