Re: [Swprograms] OT: Loss of NWI (was DX Listening Digest 5-127 et al)

Re: [Swprograms] OT: Loss of NWI (was DX Listening Digest 5-127 et al)

To some extent, what we, uh, older folks would call "dumbing down" is
more of a difference in how the <35 demographic uses media.

We have turned into a society of skimmers.  We want to know a little
about a lot of things, and then dig deeper into those things that
specifically interest us.  We then use other interactive tools (read:
Internet) to do our spadework.

Through one lens, that's "dumbing down".  Through another lens, it's
layered presentation of information.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA