From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Richard Cuff
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:54 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] DX Listening Digest 5-118; WOR Extra 58/1281

The stats on shortwave audibility are interesting -- across the board,
in all regions, shortwave audibility was below the goals set by the
World Service; the Americas audibility was particularly low.

There is keen interest in continuing to promote the use of FM,
according to the report.

The interest in developing Arabic offerings was informally cited as a
motivation for the scaleback in shortwave transmissions to the
Americas this past spring.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA