From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike
Barraclough
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:49 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] DX Listening Digest 5-118; WOR Extra 58/1281

The reduction in European languages and the
introduction of an Arabic television service was
discussed a few months back.

By "BBCWS is dieing by inches and will soon be gone."
do you mean BBCWS from shortwave as you imply from
your next sentence?  I dont see that and if you really
mean BBCWS will soon be gone I dont see that either.
Given they have a finite budget they will use whatever
method or methods of delivery that is best suited to
each particular market be that television, medium
wave, FM, shortwave, internet etc etc. There are still
areas of the world where shortwave is the most
effective way particularly where they cannot get any
local rebroadcast outlets.

Mike

http://new.wrn.org/listeners/stations/station.php?StationID=24