Re: [Swprograms] Trouble getting online audio from BBC WorldService

Re: [Swprograms] Trouble getting online audio from BBC WorldService

I couldn't connect to http://www.bbc.co.uk, however, I WAS able to use the saved .ram file on my hard disk to listen to the talk/news outlet BBC Radio 4.

Perhaps this is more available if you can find it because typically if you want to listen to Radio 4 in Real Audio you are told to click a link on the BBC website and a pop up player box will show up. I saved the .ram file from this box because when I was on dialup it was too slow.

rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio4/live/r4_dsat_g2.ra

I also note that the cable/satellite TV network BBC America normally has news at 6 A.M., 7 A.M. and 8 A.M. EDT (GMT-4) and then "Talking Movies" on the half hour. At least at 6:30 they ran "Talking Movies" and weren't flexible enough to just keep the newscast on. On the other hand, perhaps there wasn't that much hard news to report. Plenty of people available to guess what was going on without adequate information but not all that much real news.