[Swprograms] Update on World Of Radio podcasts

[Swprograms] Update on World Of Radio podcasts

Hey it works! I'm new to RSS scripting, but I have successfully figured out how
the RSS scripts handle podcasts of multiple episode programmes. The latest show
is World of Radio Extra 57; it is now available for podcasts as well as WOR
1277.

Many of you will already know this, but using podcast software one points to
the same .xml URL. When an updated episode has been added, you click on
"update", "check" or whatever you software calls it, any new episodes will be
downloaded. By the way I use iPodder; it is free and works very well.

So the URL you need is  http://www.obriensweb.com/wor.xml

You paste it in your podcast reader, you do not click on the link. If you click
on the link you just get to see my raw RSS scripting !

Glenn Hauser has approved this venture, I am please he gave permission.

I'm listening to WOR Extra 57 now, the audio quality appears to be good.
Converting to an MP3 format can degrade audio quality but it appears to have
not lost much. I detect a slight distortion on a few words at the beginning,
but that will improve as I make setting adjustments on future episodes.
Likewise, the first syllable of "Glenn" is missing at beginning. This is due to
the auto-start feature of my file conversation software, I'll fix that by next
episode.

Any feedback on the performance of the podcast, especially  audio quality, is
welcome.

The last time I actually talked to Glenn Hauser was back in the early 80's when
I was running an "innovative" new service that provided SWL/DX tips, the DX
Newsline from the Washington, D.C. area. That "innovative" technology was using
a "new" concept called voicemail to leave and hear DX tips. Voicemail was so
new then, that I had to explain how it worked to new subscribers. Fast forward
a few decades and we are now capturing World Of Radio DX tips in high fidelity
over linked computer networks and playing back on 5 ounce digital storage
devices. Times have changed! (Andy O'Brien, June 20, DX LISTENING DIGEST)