Re: [Swprograms] Sirius Canada (was 'An article fromglobetechnology.com')

Re: [Swprograms] Sirius Canada (was 'An article fromglobetechnology.com')

Sandy, the ads for Comcast here in Atlanta rely heavily on the fact that
they offer BravesVision (self-explanatory---lol.) They *used* to offer
the NFL Network until the NFL Commissioner ruled that teams can not own
their own video networks (less money going directly to the NFL.) I don't
know what will replace Channel 119 that had the football programming.

The ads are also pushing the "Ditch the Dish" and offering $400
(prorated on the bill for 16 months) to get dish subscribers to switch
to cable. Their ads for the sports programming state "you won't get
BravesVision on the dish!"

Maryanne

E-mail message

Sender: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
SFinlayson@xxxxxxx(Sandy Finlayson) Date: Tue, Jun 14, 2005, 9:18am
To: rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx (Richard Cuff), swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Shortwave programming discussion) Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Sirius
Canada (was 'An article fromglobetechnology.com') Reply to:
swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shortwave programming discussion)
This message is not marked with a green dot  in your Mail list because
it is not from a known sender. To make this a known sender, choose one
of these links:
? Add sender to Address book
? Add sender to approved senders list
While I agree that the CRTC can be a pain at times, they have provided a
huge boost to the Canadian music industry that they would never have
received without government help.
I also wish that the FCC here were more proactive in the States. I know
this is a radio list but a classic example of the need for better
regulation here is that Comcast Cable in the Philadelphia area refuses
to allow their signals to be distributed on satellite services like
DirectTV and The Dish Network. This means they force people who
particularly want to watch sports programming to purchase their more
expensive product. To me this is where the FCC should step in and force
Comcast to behave like other content providers.
Just my two cents worth.
Sandy