Re: [Swprograms] Sirius Canada (was 'An article fromglobetechnology.com')

Re: [Swprograms] Sirius Canada (was 'An article fromglobetechnology.com')

Sandy Finlayson graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> I also wish that the FCC here were more proactive in the States.  I
> know this is a radio list but a classic example of the need for
> better regulation here is that Comcast Cable in the Philadelphia area
> refuses to allow their signals to be distributed on satellite
> services like DirectTV and The Dish Network.  This means they force
> people who particularly want to watch sports programming to purchase
> their more expensive product.  To me this is where the FCC should
> step in and force Comcast to behave like other content providers.

They *are* behaving like other content providers.  Cablevision in New York
are notorious for putting some of the hockey games (when there's a hockey
season) on their "Metro" channel, which they leave unavailable to DirecTV
subscribers.  You can't even get the Metro games with the Center Ice
package.  I know a couple of folks on hockey groups who have gray-market
Bell ExpressVu systems just so they can get Devils or Islanders games.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
TV Announcer: It's 11:00.  Do you know where your children are?