Re: [Swprograms] YES, the bias is obvious

Re: [Swprograms] YES, the bias is obvious

I discussed this event with a media-savvy colleague and diehard
Yankees fan in my office.

Most of the broadcast rights for sports teams are for their games and
specifically contracted pre-game shows.

I doubt whether the broadcast rights for the Red Sox ring ceremony
ever came up in the establishment of broadcast rights for the Yankees.

Another thought -- I have less issue with YES' Yankees coverage than I
do with the US's ABC News covering Disney matters.

After all -- the Yankees constitute entertainment, not news.  Baseball
radio broadcasts have long been controlled by the teams -- the
announcers are generally employed by them, not by the stations or
networks that air the broadcasts.

ABC News and Disney is a different matter, given the tacit expectation
that news is, uh, supposed to informational, not entertaining.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA