Re: [Swprograms] FW: World Service Feedback

Re: [Swprograms] FW: World Service Feedback

This is one of the reasons I wanted to get that discussion going
regarding "what it means to be a public broadcaster".

Inevitably broadcasters of all sorts have to wrestle with the
"bang/buck" dilemma.

The challenge for a public broadcaster -- because it has more latitude
in its metrics -- is what does "bang" mean?  Number of listeners?
Average listener IQ?  Number of "opinion formers" who listen at 2 AM?

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA