Re: [Swprograms] CRI not going 24/7 apparently...

Re: [Swprograms] CRI not going 24/7 apparently...

> Shortwave 24 hours a day? I haven't heard of it. But

In the end of 2004 CRI Russian has announced that they
are planning to introduce 24/7 World (!) Service in
the Russian language. No time frame was given, though.
But I'm sure that English will have a priority in
becoming a round-the-clock service. Among all major
international broadcasters CRI is the only station
that doesn't have to worry about the lack of funds.
What they have right now in terms of programming,
hours on the air and transmitters is only the beginning...