[Swprograms] CRI not going 24/7 apparently...

[Swprograms] CRI not going 24/7 apparently...

I sent them the following question, which they answered on the
"Listener's Garden" program:

"We were pleased to have CRI representatives with us at the 18th
Winter SWL Festival. I hope they enjoyed their visit with us! I have
heard that CRI plans to be on shortwave 24 hours/day -- Does this
shortwave broadcast target North America or the world as a whole? I
would also be interested in information regarding any programming
changes planned for the launch of the spring 2005 schedule in one
week.  "

Their answer:

Shortwave 24 hours a day? I haven't heard of it. But we are indeed
planning for programming changes, for example, we're thinking of
shortening most feature programs from 25 minutes to 15 minutes.
Certainly we'll tell you about the changes once they're finalized.

---Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA