Re: [Swprograms] John Paul II

Vatican Radio is an interesting place to listen tonight.  I've been
monitoring them since late this afternoon via shortwave and the
internet.  Classical music with a periodic mention of the passing of
the Pope in Italian, Spanish, English and French on the web relay of
FM105.  This is the overnight program which usually broadcasts
classical music at that time.  The music is contemplative, but not
somber.

On sw, the regular individual language segments to the Americas are the
same and are being broadcast at their regular times.  Try 7305.  9605
appears to be missing; at least I'm not hearing it as I did last night.
  All the segments, Portuguese, Spanish so far; French and English (the
latter starting at 0250 UT) to come.  All discuss the passing of the
Pope and talk about his legacy.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY