Re: [Swprograms] So Long to Westway

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:42:27 -0500, you wrote:

>Posted at the Media Network blog -- the BBCWS has announced it will be
>discontinuing Westway (the serialized drama) as of October.
>
>The BBC responded this is part of a plan to emphasize news & factual
>programming on weekdays, with the arts more prominent on the weekend.
>
>My take:  I personally won't miss Westway, because that's not why I
>listen to the BBCWS.

Westway is also on the satellite radio network BBC7 (which streams and
has listen again Real Audio for a week) with the current normal
weekday time at 1015 GMT (1115 BST shown on the website) and a weekly
"omnibus" version Saturdays at 0700 and 1800 GMT. (0800 and 1900 BST)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/

If, with the increasing unavailability of BBCWS on shortwave, you are
listening to BBC on the 'net, you might consider the various domestic
networks. For example, many of the news, comedy, games and drama
programs on BBCWS can be found on Radio 4.

(Westway is an exception - I believe it was actually made for WS.)