[Swprograms] So Long to Westway

Posted at the Media Network blog -- the BBCWS has announced it will be
discontinuing Westway (the serialized drama) as of October.

The BBC responded this is part of a plan to emphasize news & factual
programming on weekdays, with the arts more prominent on the weekend.

My take:  I personally won't miss Westway, because that's not why I
listen to the BBCWS.

However, I hope they don't simply add another 15 minutes to The World
Today or World Briefing -- I'd rather see additional themed
programming, closer to the ABC's Radio National model than to the
World Today model.

This might result in music programming being moved to weekends...we'll see...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA