[Swprograms] Re: WETA-FM in DC flips from a music / NPR mix tomostlyNPR / BBC

At 11:20 PM 3/1/05 -0500, John Figliozzi wrote:
>Three words, Joe.  Sirius Satellite Radio.

I'm not sure that Sirius is the answer either.  Sirius also reflects the culture of the marketplace.  I think they have 3 classical channels, one is opera, one is small groups, and one is symphony.  That contrasts to 35 or so genres of rock/rap/hiphop.  Not to mention Howard Stern, that icon of popular culture, soon to migrate to Sirius at $100,000,000 dollars per year.  You can see that Sirius values the classical music audience about as much as public radio does.

Joe Buch