[Swprograms] VOR: What's New

THIS IS RUSSIA

The upcoming edition of THIS IS RUSSIA ? on the air from Monday,
February 7 ? will begin, as usual, with a round-up of cultural news
from this country. It will be followed by another program in the series
"Road to Victory", in which we're going to tell you about what happened
to Soviet cultural values after Nazis plundered them during the Second
World War years.
The program can be heard at 0410 and 0910 UTC with repeats throughout
the week. Stay tuned.

KALEIDOSCOPE

The "Kaleidoscope" edition - on the air from February 7 to February 13 -
will feature dispatches from our correspondents in various Russian
regions about a Karelian-Finnish educational project, a new diving
vessel, about a hospital train that will travel all over the Ural region
for three months to provide medical aid to those who make their home in
far-away settlements and villages. Our permanent contributor Professor
Vsevolod Marinov will interview his US colleague Shirley Roels. The
program will also narrate the story of the Rostov-made enamel, a
marvelous specimen of old Russian applied arts, and also the opening of
a new airline, from St. Petersburg to the USA. There'll be more stories
and music, so stay tuned to "Kaleidoscope" to learn more about Russia
and the Russians! See our program schedule at: http://www.vor.ru/ep.html
We wish you all good listening.

  Copyright © 2003 The Voice of Russia