[Swprograms] Re: Considering satellite radio

[Swprograms] Re: Considering satellite radio

 Hello John and Richard, I haven't used any of the
equipment and the only radio's that I have at the
moment are shortwave gear. Like the sony's 7600gr, and
sony 7600g. I was recently in San Diego at HRO at had
gotten the chance to see a system in operation but
again never used it. I believe that the new grundig
eon unit has the satellite xm installed, but again I
have never used it.
  Been thinking of it at times but wasnt sure if it
came overseas in the broadcast.
   Just left indonesia a few days ago and were on our
way to guam. Very sad at what we saw off the coast as
we did witness some bodies at sea. We was over 75
miles out. My vessel was one of the supply ships for
the Lincoln but we delivered 95% of the food and water
to indonesia.

    73's from Larry Fields, n6hpx/du1
    enroute to guam

http://www.worldspace.com/programming/content_packages.html

> Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

=====
member: ARRL,TARP,Pinoyhams,PARL,WUN,PARA,SCADS,ASWLC,6mclubs
        US Merchant Mariner 27 1/2 years

QSL; VOA<THAILAND> CHU,NMN

Radios: ICOM 706MK2,ICOM730,GRUNDIG 800,SANGEAN 818CS,SONY 7600G SONY 7600GR
ANTENNAS:G5RV<104 AND 50 FOOT>