Re: [Swprograms] Re: Swprograms Digest, Vol 10, Issue 12

Re: [Swprograms] Re: Swprograms Digest, Vol 10, Issue 12

Mike:

Doesn't the BBC have an extensive network of local radio stations? I'm asking because I don't know--but don't these BBC Local Radio stations concentrate on the regions?

I'm just wondering how valid the criticism is. Here, NPR and PBS are often criticized as biased to the left and too "Beltway" (ie: Washington, DC) based. While there is some truth there, it is far less than the degree to which it is expressed and much of the latter comes from people predisposed to have "a bee in their bonnet" over public broadcasting as a matter of principle. That is, almost nothing NPR or PBS did would satisfy them anyway.

John Figliozzi