From: "Joe Buch" <joseph.buch@xxxxxxx>
To: <swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 7:16 AM
Subject: [Swprograms] CBC on XM Satellite Radio

> The following New York Times article says that in addition to Sirius, XM
is working on getting its signals into Canada and providing Canadian content
to the USA.

> The low angle of elevation of the equatorial orbital plane XM satellites
will prove useless at far northern latitudes.  The satellites will be below
the horizon more than 81 degrees north latitude and too low to use at much
lower latitudes.  The author of the NYT article was apparently unaware of
that physical constraint because he did not ask how XM planned to overcome
that problem.  In Canada Sirius will have a definite advantage because of
its elliptical Molinya orbit plan.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/09/technology/circuits/09cana.html?pagewante
d=1&ei=5035&en=b6c6558a4ec062b4&ex=1188968400&partner=MARKETWATCH>

> Joe Buch

shown above.