[Swprograms] BBC Frequency question

Hello again,

I have been using my "ancient" analogue boom box radio lately. I do have fancier Grundig radios, but this one seems to get better (er rather "different") reception for some reason. Then, rather than carry the Grundigs all over the house, I thought I would just use this old one. That way, if I happen to be clumsy then I don't "wreck" an expensive radio that I couldn't replace.

I have been trying to figure out the frequency that the BBC is broadcast on via Family Radio transmitters. It is in the 19 meter band. I guess I could try to tune in via my Grundigs to figure it out. I just didn't think of that. The BBC ends at around 18:00UT and they then broadcast Family Radio in French.

I now think the frequency would be 15565. But I can't find that frequency listed for that time, on the BBC web site. (To the Americas or Africa) Family Radio says they broadcast in French from 18:00UT to 19:00. The ADDX web site lists the BBC as broadcasting on 15565 until 18:00.

I thought I had been listening to 15400. But I guess that is not the case. I re-tuned a few mm away, now I am getting the BBC African service which must be on 15400. If it is the case that I was listening to 15565, then I usually find it difficult to tune in to 15400.

It is very frustrating because I couldn't seem to find anything on the Family Radio web sit about all the different "stations" that they broadcast. (I mean, all the different broadcasters that use Family Radio transmitters.)

Thanks for your help. Robyn in Michigan