Re: [Swprograms] Bye-bye, 1440 Broadway

At 08:55 AM 8/23/04 -0400, Joel Rubin wrote:

>(It occurs to me that because of their low frequency, they escaped
>North American MW reallocation in 1941 so they must have been on 710
>for quite some time.)

The oldest reference in my library is a 1932 October - 1933 January edition of White's Radio Log.  It shows WOR licensed to Bamberger Broadcasting Services, Inc. Newark, NJ with 5000 watts on 710 K. C. (KHz had not yet been invented).  A note indicated that there was an outstanding construction permit for WOR to go to 50 K. W.

Anybody have an older reference?

Joe Buch