Re: [Swprograms] Slovakia leaving shortwave

Re: [Swprograms] Slovakia leaving shortwave

Yep.

Go to http://www.wrn.org

Click "Listeners' Area".

Click on "Radio Slovakia International".

Look for the part of the page labeled "Archive Records".

Select the day you're interested in (a week's inventory is kept)

You then get a new window -- "WRN Player Select".

Click on any of the FTP choices -- either Real or Windows Media.  This will
download the program to your hard disk for listening at your leisure without
streaming congestion.

It is possible that downloading a 30-minute program, with a 20kbps
bandwidth, might actually take more than 30 minutes depending on the speed
of your dialup connection...

This choice is possible for all of the programs available on-demand from the
WRN site.

FYI, the "File Transfer Protocol" (that's what FTP stands for) was an
Internet protocol for years before anyone heard of the WWW.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA