 Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] 1500khz Mystery Station
 To: "Name missing - wghauser@yahoo_com" <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: "IRCA Radio List - irca@hard-core-dx_com" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "National Radio Club NRC am@nrcdxas_org" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "amdxer@xxxxxxxx" <amdxer@xxxxxxxx>, "ABDX Yahoo Group - abdx@yahoogroups_com" <abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Name missing - dxld@yahoogroups_com" <dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 12:38 AM

 Glenn,

 Sorry. A bit under the weather
 the past few days.

 But
 Iâve checked and rechecked the reading from here. Maximum
 null was recorded at 330 degrees. That puts the mystery
 signal at a bearing of 240 degrees or 60 degrees. Rotating
 the portable radio shows maximum signal from those bearings
 as well.

 73,

 Les
 Rayburn, N1LF
 121 Mayfair Park
 Maylene, AL
 EM63nf

 Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC.
 Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.

 Elad FDM-S2 SDR, AirSpy SDR, Quantum Phaser,
 Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active
 Whip.

[insert Tom`s reply here, not on this thread]

 On Feb 9, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 > This is
 getting more and more confusing. Tom, do you mean then that
 the maximum signal would be 90 degrees away from 170, i.e.,
 80 / 260 degrees, or do you mean that 170 degrees is the
 direxion of the maximum, not minimum signal? I thought you
 previously found it to be southward from you.

 > And Les`s latest at
 240 degrees is WSW from him in Maylene AL, not WNW.

 > 73, Glenn

 > On Tue, 2/9/16, amdxer@xxxxxxxx
 <amdxer@xxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

 Re: [NRC-AM] 1500khz Mystery Station

 To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
 am@xxxxxxxxxxx
 > Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 11:51
 PM

 > I just checked
 1500khz again this
 > afternoon and as
 > mentioned yesterday the "null"
 (minimum signal) for the
 > noise is
 around 170 degrees. The antenna is a Quantum
 > QX
 > Pro located in the
 attic.

 > Tom