Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Basic NULLING 101!

--- Begin Message ---
Sorry, the confusion was mine as far as the terminology. Right, of course. Getting a null on a bi-direxional antenna means it`s pointing at (and exactly away from) the station, i.e. the axis from which its maximum signal is coming. Glenn

On Wed, 2/10/16, amdxer@xxxxxxxx <amdxer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [NRC-AM] Basic NULLING 101!
 To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, am@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 2:34 AM

 WOW GUYS!

 Basic NULLING 101!

 If a station is east of you, itâs at 90 degrees relative.
 OK Should be easy!

 If you aim the end of a ferrite loop antenna pointing at
 90 degrees (east/west) you are NULLING that station.Â
 Itâs
 still at 90 degrees relative, it did not move, it is
 stationary! GOT IT!

 Now, if you rotate your antenna 90 degrees you get a peak
 in signal, but your station is still at 90 degrees
 relative, east of you. It did not move anywhere.Â
 It is
 still at 90 degrees relative! You donât add 90 more
 degrees to make it 180. It is still at 90 degrees relative
 to the east!

 My null on the 1500khz mystery station is at 170 degrees
 relative (ends of Quantum Loop pointing almost N/S).Â
 If I
 go for a maximum signal by rotating my antenna 90 degrees
 for a peak signal, the station is still at 170 degrees
 relative! You donât add 90 more degrees! The
 1500khz
 station did not move 90 degrees! Itâs still to the
 south
 someplace at 170 degrees relative!

 Tom

--- End Message ---