From: amdxer@xxxxxxxx [mailto:amdxer@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 3:02 PM
To: Stewart, Joseph R
Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] [IRCA] 1500khz someone with very noisy sidebands

Randy:

The noise on 1500khz is not your typical "Wobbler" that was frequently heard a few years ago.  The noise I am hearing sounds like a train diesel engine idling.
Occasionally it sounds like a whine or high pitched tone.
Suspect gross over modulation.  And, yes, sometimes there are brief "wobble" noises but majority is just noise.
Give a listen to 1500kz tonight and let us know what you hear. For me it is slightly louder on USB that LSB.  And don't forget to get a good loop bearing if possible.

Tom
Joliet,  IL